Monday, October 22, 2012

Romney Campaign Part 1

Tuesday night I found about Team Idaho: Mitt Romney's Campaign 
They pick you up in Rexburg and drive you to Littleton Colorado. 
All expenses paid: Lodging, travel, and living 
Bus leaves thursday and comes back Sunday night. 
I decided to be spontaneous and adventurous. (so unlike me)
30 minutes later I was signed up to go.  
What did I just get myself into?
Yeah we didn't get to Colorado til 1:30am. 

Numbers of the trip:
55 people on the team
2 days
over 5,000 phone calls made
over 13,000 doors were knocked on
about 15 hours of walking 
24 hours total time on bus 
6 movies watched



Team Idaho
Quotes:
"If there are any democrats on the bus please exit now." 
Me: "Can we get your support for Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan?" 
Reply 1 :"Hell Yeah"
Reply 2: "No, I don't believe in either of them. Im voting for Big Bird"- elderly woman
Reply 3: "Oh Yeah! Obama has destroyed our economy.  destroyed it."
Reply 4: "No, I'm not a U.S. citizen." 

If interested in going to Colorado or Nevada go here.  
It doesn't cost anything. 
Do it, at least for the experience.  
It's a one in a life opportunity.  
Live it up. 
Remember that 15 hours of walking...these shoes saved my life. We got up to this house and just stood there. How are we supposed to knock on the door?

~Linz

No comments:

Post a Comment